[Proteopedia] New Feature: export page for offline viewing

lsprilus at weizmann.ac.il lsprilus at weizmann.ac.il
Wed Jan 21 01:04:47 EST 2009

According to "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Angel_Herr=E1ez?=" <angel.herraez at uah.es>:
> Does that mean that the exported page code is prepared to use the unsigned applet?
> Automatically? Automatically when it's on a server?

Yes, it automagically uses the signed or unsigned applet,
thanks to the 'window.location.protocol' switch inside jmolInitialize()

  jmolInitialize("Jmol/", window.location.protocol == "file:");

See as an example the exported page, uploaded as it is, at
http://biocourse.weizmann.ac.il/Recoverin_a_calcium-activated_myristoyl_switch_PPedia/

> And in any case you can omit Jmol.jar, JmolApplet.jar and JmolAppletSigned.jar, bringing
> the signed+unsigned set down to 2.5 MB.

Yes, thanks for reminding me of these files. Removed.

Best regards,
Jaim
 Dr Jaime Prilusky                      | Jaime.Prilusky at weizmann.ac.il
 Head of Bioinformatics ISPC            |
 R&D Bioinformatics and Data Management |
 Weizmann Institute of Science          | fax: 972-8-9344113
 76100 Rehovot - Israel                 | tel: 972-8-9344959

 OCA, http://oca.weizmann.ac.il (the protein structure/function database)
 Proteopedia, http://www.proteopedia.org (because life has more than 2D)