[Proteopedia] Surface computation & rendering (changed from Script compiler error)

Angel Herraez angel.herraez at uah.es
Mon Feb 2 10:38:54 EST 2009

Hi Karl

I think what is happening is that the PP authoring environment saves
Jmol states for the scenes / green links. These states do not contain
the script history, but the current state of the model. So, even if
you load the isosurface from file, the state will contain the full
isosurface generation command. This is by design: Jmol state scripts
are made to reproduce the current state of the model without any
other data required.

The only solution I see is the possibility to edit (even manually)
the script saved by the PP-SAT in the server: remove the isosurface
calculation and substitute with the isosurface load-from-file.
This process could conceivable be automated incorporating it into the
surface part of the SAT, but I see it quite difficult to implement
safely.