[Proteopedia] FirstGlance in Jmol at YouTube

Eric Martz emartz at microbio.umass.edu
Tue Mar 23 19:01:30 EDT 2021

I've just put on YouTube an introduction to FirstGlance in Jmol
(demonstration), along with my design goals, recorded in a Zoom meeting
last November hosted by BioMolViz.Org.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80og2ASrvnQ

(or in the YouTube search slot, look for "firstglance biomolviz")

If you'd like to get the flavor of FirstGlance, and a bit of how its
forerunners (such as RasMol, PyMOL) inspired me, its in this video. My
goals are to make understanding the structure of a macromolecule as easy
as possible (NO command language, using non-technical language with
explanations of the technical terms, etc.).

Its also super easy to generate a Powerpoint-ready video of any
molecular view you obtain in FirstGlance.

In Proteopedia, every page titled with a 4-character PDB entry has a
link to explore that model in FirstGlance. Thanks to Jaim Prilusky and
Joel Sussman for providing the server host for FirstGlance!

-Eric

Eric Martz, Professor Emeritus, Dept Microbiology (he/him/his)
Univ. Massachusetts, Amherst -- Martz.MolviZ.Org <http://martz.molviz.org/>
Guided Exploration of Macromolecules with Powerpoint-Ready Animations:
FirstGlance.Jmol.Org <http://firstglance.jmol.org/>
Protein 3D Structure Wiki: Proteopedia.Org
<http://proteopedia.org/w/User:Eric_Martz>
Education: Biochem in 3D at MolviZ.Org <http://molviz.org/>
Find Functional Patches in Proteins: ConSurf.tau.ac.il
<http://consurf.tau.ac.il/>
Atlas of Macromolecules: Atlas.MolviZ.Org <http://atlas.molviz.org/>
See multiple protein sequence alignments clearly: MSAReveal.Org
<http://msareveal.org/>
Pockets And Cavities Using Pseudoatoms in Proteins: PACUPP
<http://molviz.org/pacupp>
Interactive Molecules in Architectural Spaces: MolecularPlayground.Org
<http://molecularplayground.org/>
Syllabi: Workshops.MolviZ.Org <http://workshops.molviz.org/>