[ssml] Matrix manipulation tool

Kevin Karplus karplus at soe.ucsc.edu
Wed May 18 17:24:42 EDT 2005

Goel, Manisha asked

> I need to analyse some substitution matrices, like calculate relative
> entropy and matrix subtractions etc.
> I was wondering if any simple tool is available for such calculations or
> do people always use inhouse mathematics programs to do this ?

It probably takes less time to write your own tiny programs in Perl or
Python than to find and learn how to use someone else's.

If you want a language with good support for matrices, you could try
Matlab or even R.

Kevin Karplus 	karplus at soe.ucsc.edu	http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus
(Senior member, IEEE)	(Board of Directors, ISCB)
Affiliations for identification only.