From Bioinformatics.Org Wiki
Start a new section by clicking the '+' tab, above.
If you want to change the table layout, you will have to edit all three templates together with the query (on the BioWiki page). IDE anyone?
The BioWiki pages are generated and edited using the 'BioWiki form', which is simply a (data and data type aware) template editor. It edits calls to the 'BioWiki template'. The template itself formats and annotates the data passed in the template call. Again, changing the structure of the data requires editing both the form and the template together, ensuring that all BioWiki pages carry the correct template.
For quick reference:
The site was migrated from a temporary location using the following Perl scripts to interface the MediaWiki::API:
- The BioWiki data
- Set up a cron job to run the activity monitor script.
- Add a field to estimate the size of the target community.
- Check the contact email for each wiki.
- It feels like there should be an  on the right hand side somewhere - people are used to that appearing to the right of section headers.
- The link back from a BioWiki page to the BioWiki table is hard to find.
- Build a 'score' for ranking complete entries. Should be easy enough using #if's.
- Switch Links and References formedit links to the new floatedit type.
Wiki activity script
Here is the first working prototype for the wiki activity script.
The working script is now available here: https://github.com/dbolser/BioWiki
BioWiki demo queries
BioWiki page modification date query
Useful for debugging:
- Least recently modified BioWikis
- Bioinformatist.org, Topsan, Proteopedia, MetaBase, WikiGenes … further results
BioWiki API URL query
Try a query...
Bio2RDF, BioFoundation.Net, BioPedia, BioPerl Wiki, Biocompany.net, Bioinformatics.Org Wiki, Bioinformatist.org, Biomatics.Org, Biopeople.org, Biosophy.org, Biowiki.net, Brede Wiki, Bvio, CCP4 users' wiki, CHDWiki, ConceptWiki.org, DrugMet, EcoliWiki, GMOD Wiki, GONUTS, Gene Ontology Consortium Wiki, Gene Wiki, Genomics.Org, Jmol Wiki, MetaBase, Metagenes, MyBio, NeuroLex, NeuroWiki, Omics.org, OpenWetWare, PDBWiki, Proteopedia, PyMOLWiki, SEQwiki, SNPedia, Sajun.Org, SubtiWiki, SubtilisWiki, TFe, Topsan, WikiGenes, WikiPathways, WikiProject RNA, XDSwiki, Xenopus Wiki
Try a category tree
- Sandbox:Person a (Knows Sandbox:Person b)
- Sandbox:Person b (Knows Sandbox:Person c, Sandbox:Person a)
- Sandbox:Person c (Knows Sandbox:Person a)