[BiO BB] how to fetch sequences from web

Joe Landman landman at scientificappliance.com
Sun Feb 3 15:55:20 EST 2002

I might suggest also looking at the NCBI Entrez site at
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Entrez/ or batch Entrez at
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/batchentrez.cgi?db=Nucleotide

For example, I used the accession BG938025 and put this into the search
for text area.  I selected nucleotide.  I obtained a hit from the
database, and changed the display from summary to FASTA and then clicked
on the display button.  You can also click on the save button to make a
local copy.

Batch Entrez lets you do basically the same thing, but with a set of
accession numbers.

Joe