[BiO BB] pls tell me that bioinformatics is suitable for electronic engineering

synthespian synthespian at uol.com.br
Tue Sep 24 20:43:04 EDT 2002

Em Ter, 2002-09-24 às 03:18, sarathi6 escreveu:

> I completed my engineering in Electronics and instrumentation, Now  I’m doing my master degree(M.Tech) in bio informatics in sathyabama institute of science and technology.
>

> I'm interested in both electronics (robotic engineering , nanotechnology ,or bio sensors) and computers(software development for biology or for robotics in biology field)
>

> Dose this course is useful for my  interests ?
>

> I want to use my electronic knowledge in bio informatics. Kindly  suggest  some companies  which offering  projects  in  bio informatics  for electronic students.
>

> what i need to do to go for robotics.

You probably want to take a look into the area of sequencer and robots
in optical reading of microarray chips. You want the hardware part, not
the software which is what concerns Bioinformatics (although the
hardware part, too. But that's the Engineer's job, not the
Bioinformaticisist - which is precisely what you want).

Regs

Henry