[Biococoa-dev] bug alert

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Sat Dec 4 17:34:42 EST 2004

Ha Koen,

First of all the newly added BCSequenceFactory.h file was still set to
project instead of private in a fresh checkout from the CVS.
Next, I got a compile error that the BCFoundationDefines.h could not be
found. The by now famous, quit XCode, delete the build directory, and
reopen the project, helped however...
After that everything seems to build and runs without problems Koen..

Something else, in general the idea would be to add the BCTools prefix
to all tools, for instance:
// BCTools
#import <BioCocoa/BCToolMassCalculator.h>
#import <BioCocoa/BCToolTranslatorDNA.h>

I would like to propose to do the same for the following new ones:
#import <BioCocoa/BCFindSequence.h>    ->  BCToolFindSequence (or even
BCToolSequenceFinder)
#import <BioCocoa/BCSymbolCounter.h>   ->  BCToolSymbolCounter
#import <BioCocoa/BCComplement.h>	   ->  BCToolComplement
#import <BioCocoa/BCSequenceFactory.h> ->  BCToolSequenceFactory

Similarly, lets stick to the guidelines and add the "shared" prefix to
all class methods that generate static objects, thus
+ sequenceFactory; -> + sharedSequenceFactory.

Cheers,
Alex

Op 4-dec-04 om 16:45 heeft Koen van der Drift het volgende geschreven: