[Biococoa-dev] ambiguous symbols

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 14 17:26:01 EST 2004

On Nov 14, 2004, at 4:18 PM, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:

> Da's mooi! Sorry I'll translate to english
>
> I hadn't seen your post op cocoa-dev, but I remember talking about
> performSelector and if you could send it to classes a while ago. I
> understand the problem. Could the following perhaps help?
>
> temp = [(BCSymbol *)[self class] performSelector:
> NSSelectorFromString( )

Tadaa! Yes that worked, thanks Alex!

I have now commited the updated code. The method
initializeSymbolRelationships is only in BCSymbol, I removed it from
all subclasses. I also changed the error logic in that method by
removing all the if (foo == nil) return calls, and replacing them by if
(foo != nil) doSomething. At least the method will finish this way.  I
have only tested the translation demo, and that worked for me.

***Please review and test***

cheers,