[Biococoa-dev] Alignment & HMM Support in Biococoa

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Tue Feb 22 14:32:37 EST 2005

I think it sounds excellent.  Maybe I could finally understand what a Hidden
Markov Model is...

Incidentally, I recently wound up building OS-X versions of Muscle and
ClustalW.  Now that our sequence object is stabilizing a bit, I was
wondering if people thought it might be worth some effort trying to write a
generic wrapper that could feed our sequences to command line apps and get a
result back?  This would potentially help us provide a layer of abstraction
to a large number of Unix tools.

The reason this comes to mind is that I'm finding that a lot of these things
only take input in a limited number of formats, and we've already got format
conversion code in place....

JT