[Biococoa-dev] Sequence Structure

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 10 16:17:32 EDT 2005

On Jul 9, 2005, at 8:20 AM, Philipp Seibel wrote:

> Hey,
>
> i looked arround for a solution of our sequence structure problem and
> found a very interesting design pattern called flyweight.
> It is something similar we did with our BCSymbol structure. Here is my
> suggestion:
>
> <BCSequenceStructure.jpg>
>
> I think it's a very flexible structure. The handling with sequences,
> should to be done by tool-classes.
>
> So far my suggestion, please comment :-)

Hi Phil, interesting picture. What I don't see now are the BCSequence
subclasses and the BCAbstractSequence class. Are those omitted for
simplicity or really not present? Also I suggest to deprectate the use
of BCSequenceType. IMO it is redundant because we already are using
symbolsets and typed sequences.

I don't understand the BCSymbolAnnotation part of the picture. Is this
additional or replacing some of the current classes?

cheers,

- Koen.

ps what program did you use to make the picture?