[Biococoa-dev] SenTesting

Charles Parnot charles.parnot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 01:27:44 EDT 2006

The reason to build in 10.3 would be to test the framework in 10.3.
If the tests do not compile as is, when the framework is in /Library/
Frameworks and you are running 10.3, then it seems the only option is
to have a separate test target for 10.3  (yet another target!!!).

An alternative is to say that testing with 10.4 should be enough, if
the compatibility for 10.3 is maintained by sticking to 10.3-only
symbols, and we don't start fiddling with #ifdef. In other words, the
code to be compiled is the same in 10.3 and 10.4, and we can assume
it will behave the same (of course, this is never 100% guaranteed if
there are version-specific bugs in the Apple's frameworks that affect
us).

Bottom line: trying to maintain 10.3 compatible tests would probably
be a pain in the butt.

I would be curious however if there is some simple mechanism for that.

charles