[Biococoa-dev] BioCocoa on iOS ?

Scott Christley schristley at mac.com
Sat Mar 16 11:45:16 EDT 2013

Hi Koen,

I've not tried but I've thought about it.  I started writing an iPad app which was gonna be informatics/simulation tool, but I didn't get very far.  It is in the Applications directory called deChellyMobile.  I didn't get very far, mostly learned how to use the TabController.  Some friends were suppose to help me develop but it didn't work out. ;-)

I seem to remember when playing around with iOS last year that they don't have a framework project type, libraries have to be static.  iOS definitely is geared towards apps.  I thought there was some stuff on the web where you could include a framework inside your app, but I'm not sure.  So you cannot just use the BioCocoa Xcode project to target iOS, you need to create a brand new Xcode project.  I didn't get far enough along in my app to figure out how to integrate BioCocoa.

Is it a research project you are working on?  Let me know if we can collaborate in any way!

cheers
Scott