[BioEdu] What kind of programming skills should a bioinformatician have?

fitri.amelia at ui.edu fitri.amelia at ui.edu
Fri Jun 27 05:04:38 EDT 2008

Dear Mr. Erwin

I've graduated my master program in bioinformatics field. I think you just
1) know what you wanna do? If you wanna try to design vaccine, what kind
of vaccine do you want? DNA or protein, then what is the step? if you have
known the proces, you just search in web. Example: your first step is
amplification you DNA, it means you'll work in PCR and you need primer. So
you should try to find the software that can find the primer.
2) if you don't familiar in using software, you can read "help" in each
software

you can explain clearly your objective, may be I know the software that
appropriate with your objective.

My field is Medical bioinformatics

Regard,

Fitri Amelia