[Pdbwiki-devel] On useless comments

Jose M. Duarte jose.m.duarte at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 06:13:14 EDT 2009

Hi all

I wanted to finally settle the issue of 'useless comments'. So I've been
quickly going through all of them (by the way now we've reached 100
comments! we should throw a party or something ;) and here is what I've
found.

The only ones that I could unambiguously call useless would be:

7adh: alcohol dehydrogenase comment
1ld4: simply inviting to check the biounit (which is indeed quite amazing)
1bm9: most popular structure in PDBWiki. I'd keep this one anyway, it's kind
of a meta discussion but interesting anyway
2o12: 50000th structure of the PDB. I would keep this one too. it's good to
have it marked

Apart from those there are the movie links, which I guess somebody can
consider useless but I find them quite useful and the 'too many chains'
warnings that again I think they are useful even though some people could
say there's no value in them.

Then there are a few more that are either poorly explained or a bit too
informal (e.g. 1zvn), but they are useful content and precisely this is what
a wiki is about in my opinion: incrementally curating the data.

We could delete the 2 or 3 that are really 'useless'.

Jose