[pyphy] wrapping C++ code in python

Rick Ree rree@oeb.harvard.edu
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 22:26:32 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings,

Well, I'm back a bit early from my trip... to make a long story short, the
Chinese army wouldn't let us into Tibet, so I ended up going to Nepal
instead.  Anyways, I'm back and ready to procrastinate getting back in the
lab!

I am trying to learn how to wrap C++ code in Python.  Paul Lewis, at
UConn, wrote a C++ library for parsing Nexus-formatted data files that he
shared with me (but because he is still unsure about licensing issues, I
can't redistribute it just now).  I'd like to provide Python 'bindings' to
the library, but not having any C++ experience, and minmial C experience,
this is proving to be difficult.  I'll keep the list posted on how things
go.

Rick