[pyphy] Mavric Tk version

Rick Ree rree@oeb.harvard.edu
Wed, 5 May 1999 10:17:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 5 May 1999 Thomas.Sicheritz@molbio.uu.se wrote:

> I switched over to tkinter and created a pyphy cvs module containing mavric
> (both Gtk and Tk).

Great -- I will check it out

> Jeff:
>   How should we refer to Loci/pyphy/mavric when using loci generated tree
>   pictures in papers ?

A related question: is 'pyphy' the same as 'inst-phy' (listed as one of
the components of Loci on the web page)?  If so, then maybe we should drop
the name 'mavric' and consolidate it all under one name.

Also, could someone clarify for me the relationship between the Loci
system and its components -- i.e., are the components just stand-alone
apps that use Loci code, and can communicate with other Loci components?
I'm a little confused.  Can I write an application using pyphy code and
call it 'mavric'?  (It's silly, and shamelessly self-promoting, but I kind
of like the name :)

> Rick - are you going to continue on the Gtk version or do you want to work
> with tkinter (or both :-)

I will continue to work on the Gtk interface (especially now I can use
themes with it!), but I'm interested in using both versions.

--Rick