[ssml] copymat-rpsblast

Mensur Dlakic mdlakic at montana.edu
Mon May 2 11:34:33 EDT 2005

If you are using recent RPS-Blast databases (say Pfam or larger, which would
be CDD), 512Mb will probably be insufficient. I was struggling with these
databases even when my computer had 1Gb, though it worked after taking an
overnight to execute the program. I would recommend 2Gb RAM for comfortable
work with present RPS-Blast databases. There are experts at NCBI to ask about
this as well, though they are not always speedy when responding.

Take care,

Mensur

On Mon, 2 May 2005, Ratna Rajesh Thangudu wrote:

|>Dear all,
|>
|>While trying to create a rpsblast searchable profile database, I am facing
|>problems with  Secondary preprocessing of the files with copymat.
|>It is throwing the following error -
|>
|>[copymat] FATAL ERROR: Failed to allocate -1554705136 bytes
|>

|>How to solve this memory problem. I tried running this on a P4 with 512 MB RAM
|>also.
|>
|>Thanks in advance.
|>
|>best
|>
|>Rajesh

| Mensur Dlakic, Ph.D.              | Tel: (406) 994-6576                |
| Department of Microbiology        | Fax: (406) 994-4926                |
| Montana State University          |                                    |
| 109 Lewis Hall, P.O. Box 173520   | http://myprofile.cos.com/mensur    |
| Bozeman, MT 59717-3520            | E-mail: mdlakic at montana.edu        |