gp_slen - print a DNA / RNA / protein sequence length
gp_slen [-m] [-q] [-v] [-d] [-h] [inputfile] [outputfile]
- print only a total mean and standard error of sequence
- Prints the version information.
- Prints lots of debugging information.
- Shows usage information.
- file to proces; if not given, will use standard input
- file to write the data to; if not given, will
use standard output
gp_slen prints the length of each read sequence, or the mean and
standard error of sequence lengths. If the option -m is
specified, but only one sequence has been read, an error occurs.
All Genpak programs complain in situations you would also complain,
like when they cannot find a sequence you gave them or the sequence is not
The Genpak programs do not write over existing files. I have found this
feature very useful :-)
I'm sure there are plenty left, so please mail me if you find them. I tried
to clean up every bug I could find.
January Weiner III