[BiO BB] protein docking

John Abraham john_abraham_bio at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 08:52:30 EST 2006

Dear Dr.Gille
  Iworked with ZDOCK.For the protein protein docking you need to have prior knowledge of your proteins should interact.Once you have that ,take the most favorable orientation and can calculate the interaction energies( like between binding region of one protein with residues of other ).Accerlys have a script that calculates the interaction energies.Atleast from these you can whther interactions are favorable or not
  Hope this helps
  John

"Dr. Christoph Gille" <christoph.gille at charite.de> wrote:
  I have two protein structures and want to answer the question whether
they can directly interact or not. I have run the docking program
zdock. I do not know how to interpret the output to tell whether
interaction is energetically possible or not. Can somebody please
help me ?

Bioinformatics.Org general forum - BiO_Bulletin_Board at bioinformatics.org