[BiO BB] Hierarchical Probe Design

Cox, Mike Michael.Cox at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Nov 3 10:45:14 EST 2006

Dear All,

Was wondering whether anyone knew of a suitable program for preparing hierarchical groups of probes based on alignments of DNA, such as Hierarchical Probe Designer:

Design of long oligonucleotide probes for functional gene detection in a microbial community; Chung et al.; Bioinformatics 2005 21(22):4092-4100

I would love to use this program, which is uses phylogenetic trees as a basis for probe design, but despite extensive searching, I can no longer find it.  The URL quoted in the paper is no longer current.

thanks very much for any help

Mike Cox

Postdoctoral Research Associate
Division of Genomics and Molecular Microbiology
School of Biological Sciences
University of Liverpool
Crown Street
Liverpool