[BiO BB] Fungal genefinding hints needed

Diego Martinez sariego9 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 17:59:55 EDT 2008

Hello Mark,

you might also try softberry.com, they make the popular fgenes and fgenesh programs, and I believe they have a
web interface.  also, genewise in the wise2 package might be helpful, you can get to that (and download) at ebi.
also, augustus http://augustus.gobics.de/ has been popular lately, but I have not tried it personally.  I think in EMBOSS there is a dna - protein translator,
you can use that.
I can go on about the genefinders if needed.  we used to use many different ones, and then choose the best for each locus using a filtering scheme.