[Bio-Linux] Fast remote desktop for Bio-Linux using FreeNX

Keith Jolley keith.jolley at medawar.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 28 05:31:05 EST 2005

This is great - I've just tried it and it seems to be what I've been looking
for.  I'm running a course in Cambridge in January but we will be doing some
analysis on a Bio-Linux machine based in Oxford.  Last time, I used a VNC
session tunnelled via SSH using a simplied desktop (IceWM) - this worked ok,
but it entailed manually setting up port forwarding on each client - this is
so much easier and faster.

Thanks for the pointer.

Keith