[Bio-Linux] OmegaMap on bio-linux?

Jose Andres jaa53 at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 11 18:03:19 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Daniel Wilson has recently put out a software package to estimate
diversifying selection in the presence of recombination using the the
ratio of non-synonymous to synonymous polymorphism (see Wilson and
McVean 2006, Genetics 172: 1411-1425). I am most interested in using
this software in a Bio-linux machine and I was wondering if someone
has already done it.  Daniel's web page only supports the Windows XP
exacutable, but the source code is also available (http://
www.danielwilson.me.uk/frame.html?http://www.danielwilson.me.uk/
publications.html).

I can always compile the program using make, but I am not sure how I
should install the program [sorry  I am still at the steep part of my
(bio)linux learning curve].
Any suggestions? Has anyone use OmegaMap on a Bio-linux machine?

Another possibility   (assuming there is a critical mass of Bio-linux
users interested in this package) is to develop a Bio-linux version
based the source code already available. I do not if this is possible
or how difficult it might be, but it is probably worth trying (my
apologies for not been able to do it myself).

Thanks,

/Jose

Jose A. Andres, PhD
Dpt. Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Cornell University.  14850 Ithaca, NY, USA