CoreDate (was: [Biococoa-dev] WWDC2005)

Charles PARNOT charles.parnot at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 17 21:29:35 EST 2005

>On Feb 17, 2005, at 3:23 PM, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:
>
>>If we go for an Appkit part (views etc) I would go for 10.3 from the beginning though, primarily for the bindings part.
>

>I don't see the advantage of adding all sorts of views to the framework. I guess when users want to implement the sequence handling part they will create their own sequence viewers, etc. For instance, we supply the code to search for a subsequence, but how this is implemented in a window is up to the user. Every app is different, so will have different demands on the views it uses. That said, if we decide to add specialized views for users, maybe we can supply them as IB palettes?

I think a simple BCSequenceView would be nice. Besides, we are not forcing anybody to use it. But it can be useful for applications not necessarily sequence-centric, like a pdb viewer that wants to display sequences without too much code to add.

I am still unsure how bindings could be useful, but I trust Alex on that and we will see what he comes up with (and I don't think there is much we can do to slow him down now...).

>BTW, so far nobody noticed the typo in the subject ;-p

I actually corrected the spelling in  my message j1HJLgWY017185 , Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:21:40 -0800,  [Biococoa-dev] Re: CoreData.
My mistake :-)

charles

--
Help science go fast forward: