[Biococoa-dev] WWDC 2005 BioCocoa meeting

Philipp Seibel biococoa at bioworxx.com
Sat May 28 16:39:55 EDT 2005

Hi all,

great to hear about the meeting. I want to give some suggestions for
the presentation.
> Topics being covered during presentation:
>
> - introduction to BioCocoa

Motivation, why we are doing this. Especially why cocoa and not using
biojava or other frameworks.

> - framework structure and layout

This is what i especially want to talk about. I have many many things
to contribute to the framework and we definitly need to discuss where
to place it.

> - design principles and choices
> - current status
> - future plans

This is the point we have to discuss in the list. what exactly
everybody wants the framework to be.

So i will start:

Basic datastructures shoud be provided:
Sequences, Alignments, Annotations, Protein Structures and more

Classes to access common databases like genbank, pdb etc.

I want to provide HMMs for sequence analysis

> - Q&A, discussion

so this were my fist sponaneous ideas.

Phil