[Biococoa-dev] whatsuuup?

Charles Parnot charles.parnot at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 23:40:22 EDT 2005

>> I'd really like to see a stable, usable BioCocoa framework and I'm
>> willing to do anything I can to help.
>> I'm especially interested in helping with implementing the I/O
>> classes because I have code available to support much more
>> formats. The only thing I have been waiting for is a
>> BCSequenceGroup/BCMatrix/BCWhateverWeWillCallIt class that
>> represents a group of sequences and can contain information that
>> applies to one or more sequences in this set. Of course I'm also
>> willing to help with writing such a class.
> I agree with Peter and Charles. Let's first make sure we have a
> usable I/O based framework. I think we are pretty close, so if we
> can get Peter's request in place we are 'almost there' ;-)
> So, could anyone refresh my memory on the BCSequenceGroup class?
> The way I understand it is that is a wrapper for an array or set of
> BCSequence objects?
> cheers,
> - Koen.

I suppose there would be some positional information, where the
sequence are aligned in some specific ways, so an array of sequences
+ an array of offset should do. The best way to start is to agree on
a good, simple but complete and consistent header and then the
implementation almost does not matter and can always be modified in
the future.

Help science move fast forward:

Charles Parnot
charles.parnot at gmail.com