[Biococoa-dev] Initial Subversion import
peter.schols at bio.kuleuven.be
Fri Mar 10 03:44:41 EST 2006
Yesterday afternoon, I worked on setting up our new repository,
testing it and making sure everything works as expected (WebSVN, RSS
feeds, ...). When I was done, I was too tired/busy to post a
notification to the list. But it seems this is no longer necessary as
Koen already figured out how to check out the rep and even added new
code, which is great.
For those of you who haven't already tried it, here is a short
summary of commands that might be useful:
- To checkout the rep: svn checkout svn+ssh://bioinformatics.org/
- More information on other SVN commands are at: http://
- If you are not familiar with SVN, the free O'Reilly book on SVN is
- Installing SVN on your Mac can best be done using the ready-made
packages Martin Ott offers on his website: http://
- As Jim mentioned, SVNX is an excellent, open-source Cocoa front end
to SVN. I'm using it since version 0.8 or something like that, and
it's really awesome. For me, it worked much better than Xcode's SVN
support too. You can get it at: http://www.lachoseinteractive.net/en/
- When using SVN with a front-end, (either SVNX or XCode), make sure
to put your public key on the bioinformatics.org server (instructions
are included in the DeveloperDocs).
- The BioCocoa SVN RSS feed can be found at: feed://
I hope these instructions are helpful (especially to new developers).
On 10 Mar 2006, at 00:17, Koen van der Drift wrote:
> Hi all,
> Just did a checkout, and it worked!
> Use this command:
> svn checkout svn+ssh://bioinformatics.org/svnroot/BioCocoa
> Later tonight, I will se how well it works with Xcode :)
> - Koen.
More information about the Biococoa-dev