[Biococoa-dev] BioCocoa Applications

Charles Parnot charles.parnot at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 17:53:58 EDT 2007

> What do people think about creating a source repository with
> community donated applications that use BioCocoa?
>
> I'm thinking that having the BioCocoa library is great, but still
> people are required to write their own applications on top of it.
> Some could be sample applications, but I suspect that others would
> be useful full-fledged apps that maybe focus on specific area of
> analysis, etc.  I certainly have some end-user oriented tools that
> I would like to provide, but don't have anyplace to put them except
> create a new project somewhere.
>
> cheers
> Scott

I agree that there is nothing better than some real-world app using
the framework, to get the framework in the best shape. A lot of
design and optimizations in the framework will then be triggered by
real issues in real apps, not just what we think could be better.

These apps can also serve as extra testing tools, in addition to the
automated tests that are built in the framework itself.

charles

--
Xgrid-at-Stanford
Help science move fast forward: