[Biodevelopers] Standalone WWW Blast server

Nguyen, Jacquelyn jnguyen at igen.com
Wed Oct 30 16:12:51 EST 2002

Here is the email message that I sent to NCBI:

At this time the Standalone WWW Blast server is only available on UNIX web servers.  We don't have a UNIX server in-house and would like to buy one to use for the Standalone WWW Blast server.  What is the minimum requirements (memories, hardware, software) to deploy the software? What kind of UNIX machine (HP or Sun) do I need?  What kind of web server (weblogic or websphere)?

I haven't received a response from them yet and I need the answer soon.  So does anyone know the answer?  Did anyone try to put the software on a LINUX server?  If so, were there any difficulties versus on a Sun Unix server?

Thanks

 This electronic message transmission and any attachments are
 confidential and may constitute legally privileged information of
 IGEN International, Inc. The information is intended for solely
 the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not
 the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
 disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in
 reliance of this information is strictly prohibited. You are not
 authorized to retain it in any form nor to re-transmit it, and
 you should destroy this email immediately.

 If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
 please notify us by telephone (800-336-IGEN) or by electronic
 mail (by replying to this e-mail) immediately.