Linux TCO was RE: [Biodevelopers] Re: Biodevelopers digest, Vol 1 #131 - 2 msgs

Wiepert, Mathieu Wiepert.Mathieu at mayo.edu
Thu Jun 19 16:54:41 EDT 2003

Hi,

Is this something that can slide by so easily...?  I'll defer to those running much large systems than I, but it is not what any googling research seems to indicate...

"However, in the real world, where $$$ has to be made,
this will only help UNIX vendors. And from what I see,
the business community has little problems with this
since the numbers are out that the total cost of
ownership of Linux exceeds that of other platforms."

-mat