[BioEdu] Lanuages and environments

Paulo Nuin nuin at genedrift.org
Wed Feb 14 22:16:54 EST 2007

Hi

I downloaded F# but haven't tried yet. I heard it is pretty good for
heavy stuff. I will give a closer look.

When I mentioned that bioinformatics as a field is more lenient than
other programming niches, is that you don't see a lot of flame wars.
Myself, I see no prejudice in trying other languages as long as I feel
comfortable with them and they get the job done. My "problem" with perl
is that sometimes I get lost between the $s and @s, and with Java is
that I was never able to accomplish anything with it.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Paulo