[ghemical-devel] support for MPQC v2 was added

Michael Banck mbanck@gmx.net
Mon, 20 May 2002 14:53:45 +0200

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 03:50:42PM +0300, Tommi Hassinen wrote:
> > So, do we need finer granularity of the mpqc-version or do we outlaw
> > 2.0.x?
>
> Finer granularity could be an investment in future. What about an
> 3-digit or 4-digit version numbers like ABC or ABCC where
>
> 	A = major
> 	B = minor
> 	C = micro
>
> version number? I you guys give me the version information, I promise I'll
> do the rest!  :)

If you're talking about MPQC_VERSION, it's probably as easy as doing

AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(MPQC_MAJOR_VERSION, $SC_MAJOR_VERSION)
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(MPQC_MINOR_VERSION, $SC_MINOR_VERSION)
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(MPQC_MICRO_VERSION, $SC_MICRO_VERSION)

to configure.in and the appropriate statements in config.h.in.

MAJOR_VERSION is 1 or 2, and MINOR can be 0 or 1 if MAJOR is
2 at the moment.

So we can do something similar to

#if(MPQC_MAJOR_VERSION > 1 && MPQC_MINOR_VERSION > 0)
using namespace sc;
#ENDIF

BTW, ghemical seems to compile fine with 2.0.4 when I comment that using
namespace sc; statement.

bye,

Michael