[ghemical-devel] mopac7 duplicate symbol problem

Schindler Karl-Michael karl-michael.schindler at physik.uni-halle.de
Tue Dec 11 11:38:42 EST 2007

Hi

I managed to resolve the duplicate symbol problem by a combination of
things. First I converted all .f (except mopac7.app) files with f2c -
E, which makes all common blocks as external system and then I
reverting this in a single file for each common block. This did not
result in a very nicely structured setup, but some hodge podge of
externals and non-externals.

There is also an OpenGl related problem, which I fixed with:

CFLAGS="-I/sw/include -fno-common" LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib -Wl,-lf2c -
dylib_file /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/
Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/
Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib" ./configure --prefix=/sw

which seems to do it. At least I got some energy from MOPAC.

I hope this is a step towards a fink package of Ghemical.

btw. How did you build the package for 10.4? Is there a installer
script in a cvs or svn repository?

Best wishes - Michael.