[Guiblast-devel] Assistance

sbassi@asalup.org guiblast-devel@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:21:19 -0400

Hello,

I will check for version number when I have my computer back (I guess,
tomorrow)=2E
For what I remeber, Python version I=B4m using is 2=2E2=2E2 and BioPython =
is 1=2E1
(with some customs modification that has anything to do with this proyect)=
=2E
 I can provide BLAST exes if have problem with the NCBI site=2E Do you nee=
Linux or Windows version?
Regarding the links, the first one seems very helpfull, but the other one
is not what I=B4m looking for=2E
So I will write back tomorrow=2E

Original Message:
-----------------
From: hua pan huapan@hotmail=2Ecom
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 03:13:40 +0000
To: guiblast-devel@bioinformatics=2Eorg
Subject: Re: [Guiblast-devel] Assistance

Michael:

This is Hua=2E I downloaded the blast program from Sebastian's project pag=
e:=20
http://bioinformatics=2Eorg/project/?group_id=3D193 , I also tried to down=
load=20
from ftp://ftp=2Encbi=2Enih=2Egov/blast/executables/ , but I can not finis=
h=20
downloading, it's not responding in the end=2E

In addition, I also downloaded biopython-1=2E10=2Ewin-py2=2E2,=20
egenix-mx-base-2=2E0=2E4=2Ewin32-py2=2E2, Python-2=2E2,
PythonCardPrototype-0=2E7=2Ewin32,=20
wxPythonWin32-2=2E4=2E0=2E7-Py22=2E

I think we need to develop in the same version of those stuff and update=20=

with new version later on=2E Sebastian, please correct me and add your=20
opinion=2E

As to Sebastian's question,
****Could you please tell me blast parameters to make different strict or=20=

lax search?
For example: Making "word" parameter bigger, the search is more specific=2E=
 I=20
would like to know more about this=2E Anyway, this could be resolved with=20=

several tries (try and error)=2E

I can ask the speaker later on=2E I also search on the web, will the
following=20
be any help?
http://www=2Encbi=2Enih=2Egov/Web/Newsltr/Spring00/blastlab=2Ehtml
http://www=2Eapple=2Ecom/pro/science/gilbert/index2=2Ehtml