[MeltSim] calculating melting curve of mixture of 2 different DNAmolecules

Petar Ozretić pozretic at irb.hr
Thu Aug 20 08:36:34 EDT 2009

Well yes, that would be logical approach but as in the high resolution melting
analysis of one gene, you should be able do distinct 3 different
melt.curves (two for two types of homozygous alleles and one for
heterozygous allele that is, by the way, in a test tube present as a
mixture of 4 different kind of dsDNA molecules! So I'm wondering is a
melting curve of mixture of 2 DNAs just a sum of
2 melting curves of each DNA alone?!