[Pipet Devel] some confusion

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at bc.edu
Mon Mar 1 18:55:37 EST 1999

Justin Bradford wrote:

> Also, would it be possible for you to explain your vision for how the
> various components of Loci interact again. I'll somewhat fuzzy on how some
> things interconnect at the network level.
> For instance, network connections occur between what points?
> What decides the path? What receives status updates? What happens when
> problems arise? Does something always have to be running on the user's
> side, and if so, what does it do?
>
> I had a vision for the structure, which I don't think is what you had, and
> all of the terminology we've been using has gotten muddled in my mind.

I guess your looking for an updated "diagram or gloassary", as Carlos just
mentioned.  I'll get that out shortly.

As far as the details of network communication is concerned, Paos will be more
heavily involved in this than I originally planned and should handle all the
networking for us.  I expect networked communication between tools to be almost
identical to communication between tools on the same computer.

J.W. Bizzaro                  Phone: 617-552-3905
Boston College                mailto:bizzaro at bc.edu
Department of Chemistry       http://www.uml.edu/Dept/Chem/Bizzaro/