[Pipet Devel] and still more infrastructure things

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at bc.edu
Wed Mar 3 00:42:44 EST 1999

Rahul Jain wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Justin Bradford wrote:
> > I miss enclosed blocks, but otherwise I'm doing ok.
> > {
> >    whitespace   usage should
> >       be random  . you can just  parse  around
> >
> >  it.
> > }
> Regarding this problem, I think we could hack up a preprocessor in perl to
> convert stuff like this to standard python, sorta like cpp but customized
> for python. There could also be a line we put that the top that defines
> the format of this file. We could also make deprocessors to convert from
> one format to the cannonical style of the other.

To help ease someone's transition into Python, it might be an interesting
project, although Python programmers won't understand it being written in Perl

You would have to replace not only {} but ;

J.W. Bizzaro                  Phone: 617-552-3905
Boston College                mailto:bizzaro at bc.edu
Department of Chemistry       http://www.uml.edu/Dept/Chem/Bizzaro/