[Pipet Devel] new loci module is on cvs

webmaster at bioinformatics.org webmaster at bioinformatics.org
Sun Jan 23 15:20:46 EST 2000

(For some reason my geoserve mail has been acting up.)

Brad Chapman wrote:

>      Hey, can I ask a personal favor? Can we not cvs *.pyc files? I just
> hate them for no good reason, and we might as well not store them in cvs
> since they don't really have any new information over the actual code
files.

I had forgotten to delete them before importing the code.  I later thought
about removing them but then recalled that you kept .pyc files in
loci-file at one time.  I'll take them out.

>     Thanks again for taking care of that, Jeff. I'm looking forward to
> working in the brand new module!

Let me know if you have trouble finding anything.  Again, STRUCT should
show you where everything moved to.  (Let's try to keep STRUCT up-to-date
too.)

Also, we will all (whoever works on this module) be sharing the CHANGES
(Changelog) file (organized by date and developer) and TODO (I put
'DEVELOPERS NOTES' on the bottom; yours is there now).  Take a look at
what I did.

And one more thing: INSTALL (installation instructions, including
dependencies) needs to be updated :-)