[Pipet Devel] Change in xml DOM implementations

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Sat Jan 29 11:51:47 EST 2000

Brad Chapman wrote:

>         I think I'm just going to go ahead and switch the DOM code in loci
> over to use the 4DOM stuff so I can learn how to use it, unless anyone
> seriously objects to this. I doubt if it will be a big deal to make the
> necessary changes necessary to fix things once 4DOM moves into the PyXML
> package--it sounds like there will just be a few import changes.

Okey-dokey.  Thanks for the news.

> Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
> documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted,
> provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that
> both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
> supporting documentation, and that the name of FourThought LLC not be
> used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the
> software without specific, written prior permission.

This is a 'copyright only' license, the same as the Python license, which are
almost always worded like this.  It's the most liberal of licenses, next to
being 'public domain', and it's compatible with the LGPL.  So, we can use it.

                      |           THE OPEN LAB           |
                      |    Open Source Bioinformatics    |