[Pipet Devel] name changes in pied

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Thu Jul 27 13:05:13 EDT 2000

Brad Chapman wrote:
> >    Connector  --->  Link
> Actually, connector is more analagous to "Terminal" in Overflow (I
> like connector better, tho :-). In Overflow, as in Piper, a Link is an
> actual connection between two connectors (or terminii).

Hmmmmmmmm.  In Overflow, the little dots on the edges of the nodes are
"terminals" then?  Terminal is a better name for the way it appears in
Overflow.  In Peep, "Link" may actually be a better name, since it is
something like a symlink on the Unix command-line.  "Terminal" and "Connector"
may actually be confusing terms in Peep.

I don't know, I just want both UI's to have names that match those used in the
DL and other parts of Piper.  You tell me the best name.

J.W. Bizzaro                                           jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org: The Open Lab     http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"Let the machine do the dirty work." -- Kernighan and Ritchie