[Pipet Devel] LaTeX etc. WAS executing a network script

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Tue May 9 18:24:56 EDT 2000

Brad Chapman wrote:

> You lose some power and flexibility using LaTeX,
> but it is definately made up for by being a lot easier to learn and
> use. I am not nearly experienced enough with it to even touch TeX yet.

Why do you think LyX wraps LaTeX rather than TeX, if TeX is the more powerful
tool?  LaTeX is already an abstracted UI, correct?  So, why doesn't LyX work
directly with TeX?

> However, I think we could get around this by having a non-bulky
> readible format (like html) included along with the .tex files, so
> then users who don't care about producing documentation from the
> source and just want something to read have the html to look at.

Also, is there a different between .latex and .tex file formats?

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |