[Pipet Devel] progress

Jean-Marc Valin valj01 at gel.usherb.ca
Wed Jan 10 22:37:10 EST 2001

> > Try comitting the hello.n and it will be executed by the PL. But
> > when I try to do something more complex, Overflow start complaining
> > about things not being ok. My problem here is that I dont understand
> > how Overflow needs the node structurized.

What does Overflow say exactly?

> The XML that the DL creates should, to the best of my understanding,
> be what Overflow needs (after all, I actually create it using Overflow
> libraries -- I didn't spend all that time wrapping them for nothing
> :-). If there are problems, it could be due to mistakes I made in
> understanding or coding. In my mind, the DL should do a lot of
> checking so that "bad" XML representations (at least, as far as the DL
> is able to tell that they are bad) don't get sent at all to the BL and
> send back an error to the UI.

It's not that much that the XML would be bad in itself, but the fact that there
could be a missing connexion or something like that. An incomplete Overflow
network is OK as far as the Overflow libs are concerned... as long as you don't
try to run it. Normally, Overflow shouldn't crash because of those errors, but
hey, there's still some error handling to complete... Could you send me an XML
file that causes problem with Overflow, so I can tell you if the problem is with
the Overflow libs or the GUI?

> If you are referring to how to structure Overflow nodes together to
> make it do useful work, this is probably best explained by
> Jean-Marc. I played with Overflow quite a bit in the past, which
> helped me learn what little I do know, but he is definately the expert
> :-).

What do you mean by "how to structure Overflow nodes together"?

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique
valj01 at gel.usherb.ca