[Pipet Devel] runtime errors

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Wed Jun 13 05:57:52 EDT 2001

I still can't install Overflow completely, but most of it seemed to get
installed before the error, so I tried compiling Piper against it.  It did
compile, but when I run it, I get an error that it cannot find
libflow-0.5.so.  Okay, so if Overflow didn't install completely, then I should
not expect this file to be there.  BUT IT IS THERE.  I even added the path to
$PATH, but I still get this error.  ldconfig doesn't show the lib, and ldd
also says that it is not found.  Don't know what to do.

Also, Jarl, I still get that "DL2BL IOR file not found" error.  Doesn't anyone
else get it?  The IOR file ISN'T being written.  What part is responsible for
it?  Can we have a message output that it is written or can't be?  Jeff

Starting processing layer...
Starting brokering layer...
PL: error while loading shared libraries: libflow-0.5.so: cannot load shared
object file: No such file or directory
BL: error while loading shared libraries: libflow-0.5.so: cannot load shared
object file: No such file or directory
Starting definition layer...
Starting pied...
Default location of the DL2BL IOR file:  /home/jeff/piper_info/ior/dl2bl.ior
Wrote IOR file /home/jeff/piper_info/ior/uil2dl.ior
Getting document...
error: net LoadFile already existed
error: net SaveAs already existed
error: net SpectrumProbe already existed
error: net LP already existed
error: net HP already existed
error: net LPC_DECOMP already existed
error: net dB already existed
error: net undB already existed
Connecting with the bl...
DL2BL IOR file not found.
Connection with BL not established.
error: net LoadFile already existed
error: net SaveAs already existed
error: net SpectrumProbe already existed
error: net LP already existed
error: net HP already existed
error: net LPC_DECOMP already existed
error: net dB already existed
error: net undB already existed
error: net LoadFile already existed
error: net SaveAs already existed
error: net SpectrumProbe already existed
error: net LP already existed
error: net HP already existed
error: net LPC_DECOMP already existed
error: net dB already existed
error: net undB already existed
omniORB: Caught an unexpected Python exception during up-call.
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/opt/piper/dl/modules/uicommunication.py", line 341, in loadCrashInfo
    self.loadDocument(self.crash_file)
  File "/opt/piper/dl/modules/uicommunication.py", line 364, in loadDocument
    self.user.temp_locus.load_from_file(file, self)
  File "/opt/piper/dl/modules/compositelocus.py", line 510, in load_from_file
    raise IOError("File to load did not have a MAIN network defined.")
IOError: File to load did not have a MAIN network defined.
Aborted