[Pipet Devel] runtime errors

Jean-Marc Valin valj01 at gel.usherb.ca
Wed Jun 13 08:06:19 EDT 2001

> I still can't install Overflow completely, but most of it seemed to get
> installed before the error, so I tried compiling Piper against it.  It did
> compile, but when I run it, I get an error that it cannot find
> libflow-0.5.so.  Okay, so if Overflow didn't install completely, then I should
> not expect this file to be there.  BUT IT IS THERE.  I even added the path to
> $PATH, but I still get this error.  ldconfig doesn't show the lib, and ldd
> also says that it is not found.  Don't know what to do.

I didn't see anything wrong with the Makefile... The problem you had was with
the  "[l_INCLUDEDIR" on the g++ command line (probably in the "DEFS" Makefile
variable) This looks OK in the Makefiles you sent.

As for the run-time errors, it's because Overflow finds some .n files twice.
It's just a minor warning (everything else should work). Did you define
VFLOW_PATH? If so, don't define it. Overflow now knows how to find its
toolboxes. If you noved the Overflow install directory, just set VFLOW_HOME to
the new base directory (eg /opt/overflow).

As for findint libflow, it you ran "make install", it should be found... but you
can always set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (not PATH).

	Jean-Marc