[Pipet Users] Piper config errors....

Karl-Max Wagner karlmax at oberland.net
Tue Feb 27 18:23:18 EST 2001

Hi Pipers,

just checked out piper via anon cvs and tried to autogen it.

The first funny thing was that it complained about a missing
AUTHORS file ( funny, because it's there ) and then, grepping
through the config log I found the following:

automake: Makefile.am: required file ./AUTHORS' not found
automake: Makefile.am: required file ./AUTHORS' not found
./configure: GNOME_INIT: command not found
./configure: GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS: command not found
./configure: GNOME_INIT: command not found

checking for GNOME_INIT GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS I found that
similar stuff is defined in some .m4 files, these two, however,
are not. So obviously the config procedure gets confused.

I did not try a rollback to find out from when on this happened,
but clearly something is missing right now.

Need to run it once more to ask a few questions about the BL <>
PL interface....

        "It was hell. They knew it.          Karl-Max Wagner
          But they called it                 karlmax at oberland.net
            W-I-N-D-O-Z-E"                   ham radio: DB8CO
            *********Member of No Code International*********
            ***********Visit http://www.nocode.org***********
            ********Membership Number NCI-2563-DB8CO*********
    _
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  . . . t h e   c h o i c e   o f   a

"Et ceterum censeo ut Microsoftem delendum esse" (Cato, adapted)
"Quo usque tandem abutere nostra patientia ?" (Cicero, original)