[Proteopedia] Script compiler error

Karl Oberholser oberhols at messiah.edu
Thu Jan 29 15:16:33 EST 2009

Eran,
The upgrade may have solved one problem, but there is still a problem.  The
surface is still not displayed when the green link is clicked and the
following error is displayed in the Jmol console: io error reading
http://proteopedia.org/wiki/scripts/second.spt:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://proteopedia.org/wiki/scripts/second.spt
----line 1 command 2:
         script >> "/wiki/scripts/second.spt" <<   This error is different
from the one that I reported earlier (see below).
The surface is now displayed when the scene is loaded in the SAT.  As I am
remembering that did not happen before, but my memory is no longer
dependable.  I do know that the surface was displayed when the computation
was sent through the console.

Karl

>>> Eran Hodis <eran.hodis at weizmann.ac.il> 1/29/2009 6:42 AM >>>
Hi Karl,

We've upgraded to Jmol version 11.6.14.  The script you had an issue
with below should now work.

Just make sure to check that you are receiving the new version of Jmol
(11.6.14) and not the old one (11.5.51) by right clicking on the
applet and going to "About Jmol".

If you are not receiving the new version of Jmol, try visiting
www.proteopedia.com
  rather than www.proteopedia.org, and it may trick your browser into
downloading the new Jmol.

We did some testing on the new Jmol version, and everything should
work fine, but of course do report any bugs so that we can fix them.

Best regards,
Jaim and Eran

On Jan 16, 2009, at 5:51 PM, Karl Oberholser wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am attempting to compute a surface using the Jmol cavity command.
> I can
> make and display the surface in SAT, but when I test the green link no
> surface is made, and I obtain the following error:
> script compiler ERROR: } expected
> ----line 199 command 22 of
> /wiki/scripts/Complex_III_of_Electron_Transport_Chain/Surface_qn/
> 2.spt:
>         calculate surfaceDistance WITHIN ({6073:9161 23278:26366
> 35260:35345 35430:35515}) ; <<<<
> ----line 1 command 2 of  file null:
>         script >>
> "/wiki/scripts/Complex_III_of_Electron_Transport_Chain/Surface_qn/
> 2.spt" <<
> I do not know what to make of this!  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Karl
>

> Karl M. Oberholser
> Professor Chemistry
> Chemistry & Biochemistry Dept.