[R-repo-dev] Update

Pierre-Yves pingou at pingoured.fr
Tue May 4 02:20:42 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 02:00 -0400, Allen S. Rout wrote:
> I'm not certain I understand the problem you are having with it.
>
> This evening, I started out messing with it: I set a specific CRAN
> repo (rather than having each of us select one by hand).  I also
> updated it to go with R 2.11, which required some changes to
> getDependencies.
>
> I didn't find anything I saw as a false positive this evening:

When I looked into the list generated by the first iteration I had
packages such as bnlearn or lmeSplines or Daim.
bnlearn has:
  Depends: R (≥ 2.8.0), utils
  Suggests: snow, graph, Rgraphviz (≥ 1.20.3), lattice
so regarding the 'depends' it is a valid result, but R2spec uses both
'depends' and 'suggests' since we run R CMD CHECK in all packages.
Therefore the spec file as for 'Requires' all these packages and
therefore do not build for missing dependencies.
Same thing for Daim for example.

Do you see what I meant ?

Pierre