(Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • Molekel - Message forums

Discussion forums: Open Discussion

Expanded view | Monitor forum | Save place

Submitted by Molekel Admin; posted on Friday, August 24, 2007
    Hi, do you want to be able to: [ ] change the default color/transparency for +/- and 0 orbital surfaces; will affect all the orbitals [ ] change the color/transparency on a per-surface basis; will affect only one surface ? Regarding the orbital naming: this is easy to implement so we should be able to add it to the next version of Molekel. Thank you FYI: in the future the "Transparent solid" option will go away, the default will be "Solid" and there will be a transparency slider.

Post a followup to this message:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.
    Thread view
    request for colors and renaming
    Submitted by Benj FitzPatrick; posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007
    I have 2 requests: 1) It would be nice to have an option to change the defaults used by Molekel (colors, bond type, etc). 2) Renaming sub-menus under a molecule would be nice (either by right clicking and getting a menu dropdown or by left clicking twice). I would like this so I could rename orbitals after I generate them so it is easier to keep track of them (C-C sigma means a lot more to me than orbital #3. Thanks, Benj
    Re: request for colors and renaming
    Submitted by Benj FitzPatrick; posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007
    Additionally, it would be nice to have a slider for opacity when transparent solid orbitals are selected.
    Submitted by Molekel Admin; posted on Friday, August 24, 2007
    Hi, do you want to be able to: [ ] change the default color/transparency for +/- and 0 orbital surfaces; will affect all the orbitals [ ] change the color/transparency on a per-surface basis; will affect only one surface ? Regarding the orbital naming: this is easy to implement so we should be able to add it to the next version of Molekel. Thank you FYI: in the future the "Transparent solid" option will go away, the default will be "Solid" and there will be a transparency slider.
    Submitted by Benj FitzPatrick; posted on Friday, August 24, 2007
    Good question. Would it be possible to have a checkbox for "use transparency on all orbitals" so that both of the options you listed would be possible? I think this would really only be a minimally harder than the option where each orbital could have individual transparency, right? Thanks.
    Submitted by Benj FitzPatrick; posted on Friday, August 24, 2007
    As for the color of the orbitals I think that using the same 2 colors for all orbitals should be adequate.

Copyright © 2018 · Scilico, LLC