(Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • Molekel - Message forums

Discussion forums: Help

Expanded view | Monitor forum | Save place

Submitted by Dr. Matteo Cavalleri; posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008
    Hey! In the documentation is briefly mentioned how to change atoms colors, by editing a text file as the one provided in the /data directory. The problem is that file is just a list of numbers of difficult comprehension, I have problems to associate them to any specific element. Could you provide me with a couple of brief examples on how to use this file to change elements colors in Molekel (e.g. to change Si color to yellow)? Also it could be nice as future features to have a simple menu way to do this (as it is already possible for the background), as well as for the surface/orbitals colors, in this aspect Molden 4.3 was superb! Thank you and Keep up the good work, Matteo

Post a followup to this message:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.
    Thread view
    Changing Atoms Colors in Molekel
    Submitted by Dr. Matteo Cavalleri; posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008
    Hey! In the documentation is briefly mentioned how to change atoms colors, by editing a text file as the one provided in the /data directory. The problem is that file is just a list of numbers of difficult comprehension, I have problems to associate them to any specific element. Could you provide me with a couple of brief examples on how to use this file to change elements colors in Molekel (e.g. to change Si color to yellow)? Also it could be nice as future features to have a simple menu way to do this (as it is already possible for the background), as well as for the surface/orbitals colors, in this aspect Molden 4.3 was superb! Thank you and Keep up the good work, Matteo
    Re: Changing Atoms Colors in Molekel
    Submitted by Molekel Admin; posted on Monday, March 31, 2008
    Hi, the sample file lists one atom color per line. The line number matches the atomic number e.g. 8th line -> atomic number 8. Colors are encoded as red, green and blue values between 0 and 1. To change the Si color simply go to line 14 and change the rgb values.
    Re: Changing Atoms Colors in Molekel
    Submitted by Dr. Matteo Cavalleri; posted on Monday, March 31, 2008
    Great! Thank you!

Copyright © 2024 Scilico, LLC · Privacy Policy